In September, we teamed up with Shannon Michelle to create two tasty vegan sundaes, perfect anytime of year, but especially as we head into Autumn and start looking for some good-mood-food that hits the spot. These dairy free and totally vegan sundaes are out of this world. Try them for yourself.
CARAMEL COOKIE SUNDAE
Small handful of organic dark chocolate chips
Vegan whipped cream (Food Heaven is perfect!)
2 tsp crushed peanuts
1. Crumble two chocolate chips cookies into the bottom of a sundae glass.
2. Use an ice cream scoop to layer up the double caramel ice cream on top of the crumbled cookies.
3. Sprinkle a small handful of dark chocolate chips on top of the ice cream layer, along with two more cookies, broken up into small pieces.
4. Scoop another layer of the double caramel ice cream on top.
5. Squirt a thick layer of the whipped cream on the outside of the glass and work your way into the middle.
6. Top with a vegan chocolate chip cookie and sprinkle the crushed peanuts on top, making sure the pieces are tiny.
7. Finish off with one cherry in true sundae style. You could also add any vegan caramel sauce you may have.
CHOCOLate fudge brownie sundae
1 large organic orange, optional
1/2 bar of dark chocolate, melted
Vegan brownie bites (you can follow this recipe here)
2 tsp chopped walnuts
Vegan whipped cream (Food Heaven)
1. Make the vegan brownies from this recipe or your own if you would prefer. These are perfect for this recipe and taste so much better than any shop bought version.
2. Crumble one brownie into the bottom of the sundae glass. You could use more if wanted.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to layer up the chocolate orange ice cream on top of the crumbled brownies.
4. Cut the brownies into small chunks and layer a small handful of them on top of the ice cream.
5. Scoop more chocolate orange ice cream on top of the brownies as the final layer of ice cream. Using as much or as little as you like.
6. Place more chunks of brownie on top of the ice cream and top off with the vegan whipped cream, working your way from the outside in.
7. Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle on top of the whipped cream. You could even drizzle this inside of the glass before adding anything.
8. Crumble even more brownie on top of the whipped cream along with 2 tsp of chopped walnuts, making sure the pieces are tiny.
9. If you're feeling fancy, why not top the sundae off with a slice of orange? You could even grate some of the zest of the orange in the sundae if desired.
Shannon told us she absolutely loved creating these sundaes and we can confirm they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!
Vegan sundaes, who’d have thought! You would never know and perfect for sharing with friends and family. Enjoy!